A Thousand Feet Deep by Periplum is a dramatic outdoor performance spectacular exploring the history and spirit of Knowsley – in way you never will have imagined.
On Friday 7, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 October Stadt Moers Park will be transformed to host this immersive experience that tells unique stories from the borough.
YOU could be part of this spectacle….
As well as entertaining thousands of people each evening, organisers are looking for 22 local people to get more involved and become part of the performance.
You don’t need to be an actor, singer or dancer but just a Knowsley resident with a desire to be part of this amazing experience.
You will work with a team of expert practitioners, who will give you on-site training and workshops in outdoor performance. During the show you will accompany the action, moving through the audience as part of a team, with visual props, fire torches and other pyrotechnic effects.
Anyone interested in volunteering to take part in A Thousand Feet Deep should be aware of the following:
- In addition to participating in the three performances, you will also be required to attend x2 rehearsal evenings at Stadt Moers Park. You must be available to attend ALL of these sessions:
Wednesday 5 October, 5.30pm to 9.30pm – rehearsal
Thursday 6 October, 5.30pm to 10pm – dress rehearsal
Friday 7 October, 6pm to 10pm – Performance
Saturday 8 October, 6pm to 10pm – Performance
Sunday 9 October, 6pm to 10pm – Performance
- Please be advised that the actual performances will all take place outdoors in the dark and in all weathers.
- This is a volunteering opportunity and there will be no payment made to those who participate.
- Due to the nature of the performance, all volunteers need to be over 18 years old.
- You will be required to potentially carry fire and pyrotechnic effects as part of the role. You will be given full safety training by an expert.
- Periplum will provide a costume (Jacket and hat) to wear, but you will need to bring your own clothing to wear underneath – trousers, top and walking shoes (preferably all black). Bring waterproofs for rehearsals (if needed). If you don’t have appropriate black clothing please let us know and we will provide something.
If you would like to apply to take part or have any questions, please contact Jo Dry – email firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject heading: A Thousand Feet Deep volunteer opportunity) or call 07810 054140.
The deadline for applications is 1 September so get in touch quickly to not miss out!
A Thousand Feet Deep is brought to you by Periplum as part of Knowsley’s celebrations as the Liverpool City Region Borough of Culture and has received funding by Arts Council England.