Knowsley Next: Getting into the Music Industry
Saturday 12 November
1pm – 6pm
Our Place, Longview Dr, Huyton, Liverpool L36 6EG
FREE but ticketed
As well as experiencing world class music during the Knowsley Music Festival, the borough’s young people will have the opportunity to hear from industry experts on what it takes to get into the music business.
Including ‘in conversation events’, masterclasses, vocal coaching and DJ workshops this will be a chance for the borough’s ambitious young people to get insider knowledge and help them carve their future lives in music.
This afternoon event includes the chance to take part in:
- A vocal coaching with Anne Taft
- DJ workshop by Hannah Lynch and G33 (Girls Don’t Sync)
- Hear a talk from BBC Radio Merseyside’s Dave Monks about ‘Getting Seen and Heard’
- 3 Beat Record’s Head of Streaming Tom Williamson and leading independent promoter Revo will be sharing advice and experience
- A panel event on succeeding in the music industry as female, hosted by BBC Radio Merseyside’s Jade Burns and featuring G33 from Girls Don’t Sync, Becky Ayres, CEO of Liverpool Soundcity, and emerging promoter Abby Meysenberg
- To end the event, there will be a panel on ‘Breaking Out as an Artist’ and will feature advice from the likes of Universal Records signee Michael Aldag, Red Rum Club manager, George Wilson, and more